Re: Prevent roles not having admin option from granting themselves to other roles

От Charles Clavadetscher
Тема Re: Prevent roles not having admin option from granting themselves to other roles
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello

Well I was thinking a litte more on this. Basically I think that it could
end up with a small set of "rules":

- Organize privileges in groups (nologin, inherit) is a way that
independently of how many levels of indirection you have each definite scope
or application has a single group to "set role" into.
- Users have noinherit, thus forcing applications they use to log into the
database to perform a set role to the group designed for that application.
- Users have individually CONNECT privilege to the database(s) they need to
connect to.
- Users have no other privileges granted directly (apart from connect to
database) to avoid switching between group and user.

Well at least where I am it is getting late and I guess I can use some fresh
air.

Regards
Charles