Re: replace text occurrences loaded from table

От David Johnston
Тема Re: replace text occurrences loaded from table
Дата
Список pgsql-sql

You may want to consider creating an alternating regular expression and
using "regexp_replace(...)" one time per message instead of "replace(...)"
three times

Not Tested: regexp_replace(message, 'ABC|XYZ|VAR123', 'XXX', 'g')

This should at least reduce the amount of overhead checking each expression
against each message would incur.

If you need even better performance you would need to find some way to
"index" the message contents so that for each expression the index can be
used to quickly identify the subset of messages that are going to be
altered.  The full-text-search capabilities of PostgreSQL will probably help
here though I am not familiar with them personally.

Since you have not shared the true context of your request no alternatives
can be suggested.  Also, your ability to implement certain algorithms is
influenced by the version of PostgreSQL that you are running and which you
have also not provided.

David J.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: