RE: Get COUNT results from two different columns

От Clive Swan
Тема RE: Get COUNT results from two different columns
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Hi David,

Thanks for the advice much appreciated.

It is the first time that I have encountered this requirement, so was a bit lost in the forest..

As I only want a single id and value (new – old), would it be more efficient to use a SUBTRACT rather than a UNION functions??

The UNION is working now… thanks..

-- UNION

SELECT union_subquery.new_sup_id, sum(new_count)

FROM

(

                SELECT

                new_sup AS new_sup_id, COUNT(new_sup) AS new_count

                FROM public."data"

                GROUP BY new_sup_id

                UNION

                SELECT old_sup,

                - COUNT(old_sup) AS old_count

                FROM public."data"

                GROUP BY old_sup

)

AS union_subquery (new_sup_id, new_count)

GROUP BY union_subquery.new_sup_id, union_subquery.new_count