Re: logical replication snapshots

От Dimitri Maziuk
Тема Re: logical replication snapshots
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 07/26/2018 02:54 PM, Adrian Klaver wrote:
> On 07/26/2018 10:54 AM, Dimitri Maziuk wrote:

>> I'm not sure what happened, I remember the initial sync of that
>> particular schema failing on one table only, but looking at it now, all
>> tables are empty on the subscriber.
>
> To me that indicates all the syncs failed.

Yeah, well... the error message said one table failed and I went off to
find out why (a co-worker added a column behind everyone's back) and
never checked 'count(*)' on the other tables.

... deleting files in ~snapshots
> Again I don't know the answer to this. Are you trying this on a test
> setup or production one?

I could fire up another instance on a different port off the now-broken
$PGDATA easily enough and test. However if whatever uses those files
needs to start from the very first file and "replay" them in sequence,
that won't work.

The files are named like 19_E6942440.snap which presumably corresponds
to "LOG: logical decoding found consistent point at 19/E6942440" and
they seem to get progressively larger. That suggest that maybe just one
(the newest one) could be good enough...

--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: logical replication snapshots
Сообщение: Re: logical replication snapshots