Re: Support for SQL TOP clause?

От Phillip Smith
Тема Re: Support for SQL TOP clause?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql

SELECT *

FROM   Individual

LIMIT 3

I asked the reverse question moving from PG to MSSQL L

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-sql-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-sql-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Chinyi Woo
Sent: Thursday, 10 January 2008 14:14
To: pgsql-sql@postgresql.org
Subject: [SQL] Support for SQL TOP clause?

Hello, everyone

Does Postgresql support query like SELECT TOP 3 * FROM Individual  ? If I use ORDER BY, I have to write non-sql code to get the first row in the result set, which I try to avoid.

Thanks

Chinyi

THINK BEFORE YOU PRINT - Save paper if you don't really need to print this e-mail.

*******************Confidentiality and Privilege Notice*******************

The material contained in this message is privileged and confidential to the addressee. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message or responsible for delivery of the message to such person, you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone, and you should destroy it and kindly notify the sender by reply email.

Information in this message that does not relate to the official business of Weatherbeeta must be treated as neither given nor endorsed by Weatherbeeta. Weatherbeeta, its employees, contractors or associates shall not be liable for direct, indirect or consequential loss arising from transmission of this message or any attachments

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: