Re: How can I simply substatue a value in a query?

От Bryan Encina
Тема Re: How can I simply substatue a value in a query?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-sql-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-sql-owner@postgresql.org]On Behalf Of Roy Souther
Sent: Monday, June 27, 2005 10:17 AM
To: pgsql-sql@postgresql.org
Subject: [SQL] How can I simply substatue a value in a query?

I want to do a simple substatution of a value in a query. For example I have a boolean field that wil return t or f for
Trueand False. I would like it to return Yes or No. I don't want to have a 2x2 table to look up the output. I don't
wantto use stored procedue.

I think there is a better way, somthing very simple but I cannot remember what it is.

I think a CASE statement is what you want.  Check the Conditional Expressions section of the docs at:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/functions-conditional.html
HTH,
Bryan Encina

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: How can I simply substatue a value in a query?
Сообщение: Re: How can I simply substatue a value in a query?