Re: Trivial function query optimized badly

От Adam Rich
Тема Re: Trivial function query optimized badly
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Craig,
What version of postgres are you using?  I just tested this on PG 8.1.2
and was unable to reproduce these results.  I wrote a simple function
that returns the same text passed to it, after sleeping for 1 second.
I use it in a where clause, like your example below, and regardless of
the number of rows in the table, it still takes roughly 1 second,
indicating to me the function is only called once.

Is it possible that your function really isn't immutable? Would PG
realize this and fall back to treating it as VOLATILE ?