Re: trouble caused by change in 7.3 handling of '' in

От S Dawalt
Тема Re: trouble caused by change in 7.3 handling of '' in
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Indeed if someone involved with 'Request Tracker' read/skimmed the
> hackers list then they could have discussed the implications before
> the change was made. The PostgreSQL developers are great (thanks
> guys!) but they are not all-seeing and all-knowing, they cannot
> foresee all possible implications of a change.

  I agree.  Because I have been monitoring the list for some time, I knew of
the change and I wasn't surprised (though I was unhappy) when I received the
dreaded error message and my app exited. Self-inflicted bugs never make me
happy. :)

  Shane