newbie compilation and runtime errors

От FTL Africa
Тема newbie compilation and runtime errors
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
Hello,

I am a fairly new user of prosgresql on linux. I have followed the instruction quite well, I’m sure. I have been working on the first program example in C and am getting an error when I run the program tests "testlibpq*.c"

1. With all the tests I am getting the following errors on running the tests:

    ./testlibpq:error in loading shared libraries

    libpq.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.

    These are the version I am working with:

    postgreSQL : 7.2.1

    linux : 2.0.32

    gcc : 2.7.2.3

    I compiled using:

    cc –c –I/usr/local/pgsql/include testlibpq.c

    linked with:

    cc –0 testlibpq testlibpq.0 –L/usr/local/psql/lib –lpq

    ran with:

    ./testlibpq

2. with testlibpq2.c I found a bug. Maybe this one has already been documented?

    It does not compile. It gives the following error message:

    testlibpq2.c:57 Assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast.

    where you assign:    dbName = getenv("USER");

    To debug I include "stdlib.h"

3. with testlibpq3.c I get the following compilation error message:

    utils/geo_decls.h     No such file or directory

     I searched for the header file in /usr/local/pgsql/include, it actually doesn't have the         utils/ directory.

Any help will be highly appreciated. I am stuck at this point right now.

Thanks In Advance,

Litso