Re: PostgreSQL vs. Oracle

От Peter Galbavy
Тема Re: PostgreSQL vs. Oracle
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Shridhar Daithankar wrote:
> If you aer running into problems w.r.t postgresql and looking at
> migration, I suggest you post your specific problems on lists like
> general. You might get some more mileage out of existing system.

This isn't always possible. I know cases from personal experience where
'management' (who in many cases are defined as being clueless - see Dilbert)
will say things like 'I went to lunch with the Oracle Business Development
guy and we are going to migrate over in the next 3 months.'

Staff on the front line need amunition to support sane alternative
strategies, like not changing something if it works, but externally sourced
analysis always reads better to most management.

Peter