Re: [HACKERS] Odd problem with pg_class ...

От Ricardo Coelho
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Odd problem with pg_class ...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
This problem was reported in 08/17/1999 by me and 08/30/1999 by D Herssein.
No answer received.
Both are attached.
---------------- E-mail
08/17 -----------------------------------------------------------
Hi All,

Two weeks ago somebody had reported that drop user don't remove rights from
relacl field of pg_class. This problem is more serious if you delete a group
from pg_group without remoking rigths before. It causes backend terminates
abnormally.

Maybe interesting for others!! Could anybody include DENY sql command in
TODO list.

My problem is: A group have rigths to access some table. I include a new
user in this group, but for three months he will not have rights to access
this table. So, if the new user have no rigths, he will get rights from his
group. I think it would be enough DENY command (deny all on sometable from
newuser) includes something like "NEWUSER=" in relacl field.

Just more one question: Aclitem type have the following rigths: =arwR
(insert, select, update/delete, create rule, I suppose).
How could I grant update and revoke delete permissions on a table ?

Best Regards,

Ricardo Coelho.
Hi Denny,

I solved this problem (backend crashes when we delete a group without
revoking privileges) adding the group again with the same grosysid, revoking
all privileges on all tables and deleting this group.

Best Regards,

Ricardo Coelho.