Re: Some tuning suggestions on a Red Hat 6.7 - PG 9.5.3 production environment

От Pietro Pugni
Тема Re: Some tuning suggestions on a Red Hat 6.7 - PG 9.5.3 production environment
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Dear Domenico,
I pushed a little hard on that because the virtualizer runs on a distributed system composed by 7 clusters with more than 100 cores and an enterprise storage. I know that usually effective_io_concurrency is set based on the number of disks available in a RAID configuration (minus the stripe disks), so I decided to push hard on this due to the nature of the host machine. I have no much information about that machine but I can investigate.

Anyway, the OOM configuration described in the official documentation prevents from killing the postmaster.

I’m still wondering about the other configuration parameters, if they are reasonable or can be tweaked to get more performance.

Thank you for your support
 Pietro

PS I made a typo in the configuration. max_connections is 20, not 30.