Re: [Kennisgres-pgdn] RE: Mailing list, Joint PostgreSQL Knowledge Base

От Dave Page
Тема Re: [Kennisgres-pgdn] RE: Mailing list, Joint PostgreSQL Knowledge Base
Дата
Список pgsql-www
-----Original Message-----
From: "Josh Berkus"<josh@postgresql.org>
Sent: 03/12/05 20:15:02
To: "jd@commandprompt.com"<jd@commandprompt.com>
Cc: "Jim Nasby"<jnasby@pervasive.com>, "Gevik babakhani"<gevik@xs4all.nl>, "Dave Page"<dpage@vale-housing.co.uk>,
"DenisLussier"<denis@enterprisedb.com>, "Scott Yara"<syara@greenplum.com>, "Marc Fournier"<scrappy@hub.org>,
"paul.oh@sun.com"<paul.oh@sun.com>,"Andy Astor"<andya@enterprisedb.com>, "Stephen Slezak"<sslezak@pervasive.com>,
"kennisgres-pgdn@pgfoundry.org"<kennisgres-pgdn@pgfoundry.org>,"Shahzad Khokhar"<shahzadk@enterprisedb.com>

> 1) Should be part of www.postgresql.org or be kb.postgresql.org.

Aside from being a dubious "business requirement" imho, I should remind you that a decision was made long ago by the
communityto merge all the postgresql.org subsites together, and not to create new ones. Reviewing and potentially
overturningthat decision is definitely not something for this forum.

Regards, Dave

-----Unmodified Original Message-----
So, can we start composing business requirements?

I can think of a few:

1) Should be part of www.postgresql.org or be kb.postgresql.org.
2) Should support full-text, category, date, and author searching.
3) Should publish credit for submitters and sponsors of articles.
4) Should manage bi-directional translation of articles.
5) Should be extremely easy to write & edit articles, requiring no
knowledge of HTML or CVS or other command-line techniques.
6) Should support an approval process for both new articles and edits.

--
--Josh Berkus

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Project Core Team
www.postgresql.org

(all opinions expressed are my own; I do not speak
 for the Project unless specifically noted.)

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: