Re: BUG #1542: pg_dump seg fault

От Andrew Slobodyanyk
Тема Re: BUG #1542: pg_dump seg fault
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> Hmmm.  What did you do to "delete that table" exactly?  The crash
To tell the truth, I delete the table using Windows PgAdmin. I guess it has
done the same operation, hasn't it?

> suggests that there is a row in pg_rewrite that links to a nonexistent
> row in pg_class.  It'd be better if pg_dump emitted a more useful
> failure message, of course,

It would be nice if pg_dump could backup the information from other tables,
not only showing failure message.

> but the real question is how did your system catalogs get into such a
state ...
I agree. I ask people at #postgres for tools to check state of the DB, if
structure is
alive or corrupt, because in other cases I could only guess that something
is wrong when pg_dump fails. Would you like me to send you a copy of  data?

От: Ales Vojacek
Сообщение: Problem with restore DB
От: Christof Petig
Сообщение: libecpg (8.0 and CVS) hits a gcc bug on powerpc and amd64 (crash)