Re: CREATE TABLE slowing down significantly over time

От Aris Samad-Yahaya
Тема Re: CREATE TABLE slowing down significantly over time
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hi Craig,

Yes we do put the creation of the 300 tables into a single transaction. The
difference between putting them in a single transaction and individual
transactions is about 30 seconds over the 3 minutes.

As for the creation of 300 individual tables for an account... yes we were
trying to think through that issue very hard. It's the SaaS maturity levels
discussion: How much do you separate the databases for each account, vs
sharing customer information into large tables. I hear SalesForce puts most
everything in giant tables, whereas we've decided to separate customer
accounts into separate schemas.