Re: SQL fast in PSQL, very slow using MS.NET driver

От Ashish Sharma
Тема Re: SQL fast in PSQL, very slow using MS.NET driver
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Thanks for the response. Below are the details:

>  >  On Wed, 2008-04-09 at 18:33 +0530, Ashish Sharma wrote:
>  >  > Hi,
>  >  >

>  Hi, all!!

>  >  > The setup in question includes PostGRESQL v8.2.4, Java based web
>  >  > servers and MS.NET based web servers. Following is the fuzzy
>  >  > situation:
>  >  >
>  >  > 1.      Our SQL queries run very fast using PSQL (both, from the
>  >  > server as well as the client).
>  >  >
>  >  > 2.      The Java app also retrieves the results very fast (of course,
>  >  > we are using Postgres JDBC driver).
>  >  >
>  >  > 3.      But, the same SQL queries perform pathetically slow when
>  >  > called from .NET application. The driver being used is NPGSQL.
>  >  >
>  >  >

>  What queries are you running?

We are running normal SQLs and DMLs. Even simple queries like "select * from..." are showing the described behavior.

>  What version of Npgsql?

NPGSQL ver. 1.97.1.0

>  Are you using prepared statements? We have performance issues with
>  prepared statements. If it is so, can you try without prepared
>  statements?

We are not you prepared statements.

>  You can discuss this also in our forums:
>
>  forums.npgsql.org

The dotNet version we are using is 2.0, PostgreSQL 8.2.4 (on RHEL4)

Appreciate the support.

Regards,
Ashish Sharma

Checked by AVG.