Re: drupal.org MySQL database issues

От Shashank Tripathi
Тема Re: drupal.org MySQL database issues
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
> Absolutely. What's frustrating is that we've got half the equation in
> place already: there's at least 4 companies in the US that offer
> PostgreSQL training. What we're missing is the advertising to database
> folks that there's a bundle of money to be made here.

Four companies won't train diddly squat compared to the self-training and
online help that this generation is used to. That happens when you make a
tool available in a pain-free way that *enables* technologists to do what
they do best, instead of sitting searching the manual for their DB, or
posting to pgsql-general, or just plain tearing hair out.

The MySQL team has personally paid a great deal of attention to make sure
their software works with Cpanel and Plesk. Therein lies the "marketing"
savvy that tge PgSQL group sits and watches in confused awe. [Ok, it's not
quite that stark, but it pains me to see a superlative product take it on
the chin just because it isn't too clever with making itself usable. Make it
easy--and it certainly can be easier than it is today--and people will train
themselves.]

Сообщение: Re: drupal.org MySQL database issues
Сообщение: Re: drupal.org MySQL database issues