Re: pgsql oid question

От Reggie Burnett
Тема Re: pgsql oid question
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Ok, that adds some clarity.  Have base types (int32, etc) had the same
oid values for a significant number of versions of PgSQL?  What I am
getting at is this:  can I hard code oid values into an access layer for
PgSQL?  I see that the Java driver uses select statements back into the
db to determine the datatype for a given oid.  I know for user-defined
types that is required, but for base types is it required?

And thanks for the reply!

Reggie