panic: postmaster restart failed

От Henrik Steffen
Тема panic: postmaster restart failed
Дата
Список pgsql-general
hello all,

tonight, at 4:59 am my db-server crashed once more.
This time, I could still ping the server, however,
I couldn't connect to pgsql or to sshd

So I rebooted and was then able to log onto the server.

Unfortunately, the postmaster didn't start up.

It said in pgsql.log:

postmaster successfully started
LOG:  database system was interrupted being in recovery at 2002-12-23
05:19:10 CET
This probably means that some data blocks are corrupted
and you will have to use the last backup for recovery.
LOG:  checkpoint record is at 6/730584A8
LOG:  redo record is at 6/730584A8; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown FALSE
LOG:  next transaction id: 65055127; next oid: 53301088
LOG:  database system was not properly shut down; automatic recovery in
progress
LOG:  redo starts at 6/730584E8
PANIC:  read of clog file 62, offset 8192 failed: Erfolg
LOG:  startup process (pid 1319) was terminated by signal 6
LOG:  aborting startup due to startup process failure

----

so I followed the instruction to recover my last backup, which worked fine.

finally today I will setup a new linux box just to see if it's really a
hardware failure.

have a merry christmas all,

--

Mit freundlichem Gruß

Henrik Steffen
Geschäftsführer

top concepts Internetmarketing GmbH
Am Steinkamp 7 - D-21684 Stade - Germany
http://www.topconcepts.com          Tel. +49 4141 991230
mail: steffen@topconcepts.com       Fax. +49 4141 991233
24h-Support Hotline:  +49 1908 34697 (EUR 1.86/Min,topc)
Ihr SMS-Gateway: JETZT NEU unter: http://sms.city-map.de
System-Partner gesucht: http://www.franchise.city-map.de
Handelsregister: AG Stade HRB 5811 - UstId: DE 213645563