Re: [GENERAL] Oracle-compatible lpad/rpad behavior

От Jonathan Ellis
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Oracle-compatible lpad/rpad behavior
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I went to fix this and then realized I still don't have an adequate spec
> of how Oracle defines these functions.  It would seem logical, for
> example, that lpad might truncate on the left instead of the right,
> ie lpad('abcd', 3, 'whatever') might yield 'bcd' not 'abc'.  Would
> someone check?

SQL> select lpad('abcd', 3, 'foobar') from dual;

LPA
---
abc

> Also, what happens if the specified length is less than zero?  Error,
> or is it treated as zero?

SQL> select ':' || lpad('abcd', -1, 'foobar') || ':' from dual;

':
--
::

(colons added so it's obvious that it's a zero-length string)

-Jonathan

Сообщение: Re: Re: COPY BINARY file format proposal
Сообщение: Re: Re: COPY BINARY file format proposal