Re: Disconnected Backends

От Glen and Rosanne Eustace
Тема Re: Disconnected Backends
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Tom,

> "ipsql"?  Did you mean psql?  If not, I'm clueless what client software
> you are talking about.

No, ipsql is a Win32 application that is available from
http://www.zeos.dn.ua, it works really well other than this apparent
disconnect problem. I have also had the same problem using the Win32 ODBC
client and MS-Access.

> What does "netstat" show about the state of the connections?  What is
> your client code exactly?

netstat still things the connections are ESTABLISHED, which is obviously why
the postmasters are still there. Re: the client, there is a newer version
which I will get.  I haven't dug around in the code but is there any form of
inactivity timeout in the postmaster for remote connections ? It might be a
good solution if there was.

Glen.