Re: Does PostgreSQL check database integrity at startup?

От David Steele
Тема Re: Does PostgreSQL check database integrity at startup?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 12/26/17 4:58 PM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

>> pgBackRest will validate all page checksums (including indexes, etc.) in the
>> cluster during backup.  Full backups check everything, incr/differential
>> backups check only the files that have changed.
>
> If a table or index file is of zero length when backed up, as in the
> described case, nothing will be checked, right?  I mean, there is
> nothing externally indicating that the file ought to be of a different
> size.  Am I wrong?

Yes - that is how it works.

> So Edson's situation here would not raise any red
> flags.

It wasn't clear to me from the OP that the primary and standby were
different - I thought there was just a zero file in general.

In any case, my reply was more directed at Pavel's reply about using
pg_dump to validate checksums.  There are better ways...

--
-David
david@pgmasters.net

Сообщение: Re: Does PostgreSQL check database integrity at startup?
Сообщение: Re: Does PostgreSQL check database integrity at startup?