Re: Perpetuating the myth...annoying

От Peter Galbavy
Тема Re: Perpetuating the myth...annoying
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Trademark law only says that you cannot use someone else's trademark
> to label a similar product.  Nothing there can stop you from using the
> product for any purpose including running benchmarks, or from
> reporting facts or opinions or lies about the product.  That is a
> matter of copyright law, press regulations and/or the criminal code.

I think the issue raised was that you may not be permitted, under their
software license, to use the software if the activity would be seen as
detrimental to their trademark - not the use of the trademark in any
publication post-benchmark etc.

Peter

Сообщение: Re: Perpetuating the myth...annoying
Сообщение: Re: Perpetuating the myth...annoying