Re: AW: AW: Proposal for enhancements of privilege system

От Zeugswetter Andreas
Тема Re: AW: AW: Proposal for enhancements of privilege system
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > Again Hmm ? Are you going to do select * from <authtable> where pri="select"
> > or some such ? Usually you look up a users rights for a specific table,
> > and that needs to be fast.
>
> Exactly, that's why I have to do it like this. To interface a system
> catalog to the shared cache you need a primary key, which would be
> (object, user, action) in my proposal. With that setup I can easily make
> queries of the sort "does user X have select right on table Y" as fast as
> possible, no slower than, say, looking up an attribute definition in
> pg_attribute.

Ok, I see that you will somtimes want to do a select like that, only I do
not see the reason why this has to be the primary target for speed.
Remember that for each row in the db you have >30 bytes of overhead
(I forgot the exact number) plus table_oid + user_oid thus if a user has
all permissions on a table, that will take 300 bytes.
I also think that a key of object + {user|group} is imho selective enough,
you don't want a key whose only info is a boolean.

Andreas