Re: tunning strategy needed

От Tomas Vondra
Тема Re: tunning strategy needed
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 18 Srpen 2011, 0:40, hyelluas wrote:

> Should I start with replacing the sql with procedures?
>
> Should I start with replacing the views with the procedures to save time
> on
> recreating an execution plan and parsing?
>
> Should I start with tuning server parameters ?

Yes, you should start by tuning the server as a whole. Did you just
install the DB and restored your database? Have you tuned the config?

Tell us what are the basic performance-related parameters, i.e.

shared_buffers
effective_cache_size
checkpoint_segments
checkpoint_completion_target
work_mem
maintainance_work_mem
seq_page_cost
random_page_cost

and more information about the hardware and setup too (RAM, database size).

There's a quite nice guide regarding general tuning:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Tuning_Your_PostgreSQL_Server

Tomas

Сообщение: Re: Raid 5 vs Raid 10 Benchmarks Using bonnie++
Сообщение: Re: Raid 5 vs Raid 10 Benchmarks Using bonnie++