Re: Limit on number of queries from CGI or PHP (security)

От Adam Lang
Тема Re: Limit on number of queries from CGI or PHP (security)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
For the most part, everyone's answers are accurate.  The interface and
database you design needs to be tighter to prevent that.

One topic that no one mentioned is database security.  For the user that the
php script runs under, start by restricting it acces to what it doesn't
need.  If they are only allowed querying information, don't let them update,
delete, etc.

Second, check the query string for suspicious characters. ie more semi
colons than needed.

When letting people enter actual SQL queries, you have to treat it like they
are sitting at the server's console.

The best option is to have a form that they fill in and the script
constructs the query on its own... (as well as the user security enabled).

Adam Lang
Systems Engineer
Rutgers Casualty Insurance Company