Re: RCA for MemoryContextAlloc: invalid request size(Known Issue)

От Yogvinder Singh
Тема Re: RCA for MemoryContextAlloc: invalid request size(Known Issue)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
That I'll do but that still won't answer the question : What is the reason
for the data corruption leading to " MemoryContextAlloc: invalid request
size"

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Marlowe [mailto:scott.marlowe@gmail.com]
Sent: January 08, 2009 8:18 PM
To: Yogvinder Singh
Cc: Stefan Kaltenbrunner; pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] RCA for MemoryContextAlloc: invalid request
size(Known Issue)

On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 4:10 AM, Yogvinder Singh <yogvinder@newgen.co.in>
wrote:
> Correcting myself:
>
> Here is the version details
>
> template1=# select version();
>                                                version

> ---------------------------
>  PostgreSQL 7.3.2 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc (GCC) 3.4.3
> 20041212 (Red Hat 3.4.3-9.EL4)

So why are you running a version missing years upon years of bug
fixes?  Just update to the last 7.3.x first

Disclaimer :- This e-mail and any attachment may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information.
Ifyou are not the original intended recipient and have erroneously received this message, you are prohibited from
using,copying, altering or disclosing the content of this message. Please delete it immediately and notify the sender.
NewgenSoftware Technologies Ltd (NSTL)  accepts no responsibilities for loss or damage arising from the use of the
informationtransmitted by this email including damages from virus and further acknowledges that no binding nature of
themessage shall be implied or assumed unless the sender does so expressly with due authority of NSTL.