Re: Switching timeline over streaming replication

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Switching timeline over streaming replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tuesday, December 04, 2012 10:01 PM Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> After some diversions to fix bugs and refactor existing code, I've
> committed a couple of small parts of this patch, which just add some
> sanity checks to notice incorrect PITR scenarios. Here's a new version
> of the main patch based on current HEAD.

After testing with the new patch, the following problems are observed.

Defect - 1:
   1. start primary A    2. start standby B following A    3. start cascade standby C following B.    4. start another
standbyD following C.    5. Promote standby B.    6. After successful time line switch in cascade standby C & D, stop
D.   7. Restart D, Startup is successful and connecting to standby C.    8. Stop C.    9. Restart C, startup is
failing.

Defect-2:    1. start primary A    2. start standby B following A    3. start cascade standby C following B.    4.
Startanother standby D following C.    5. Execute the following commands in the primary A.           create table tbl(f
int);          insert into tbl values(generate_series(1,1000));    6. Promote standby B.    7. Execute the following
commandsin the primary B.           insert into tbl values(generate_series(1001,2000));           insert into tbl
values(generate_series(2001,3000));               8. Stop standby D normally and restart D. Restart is failing.    9.
Stopstandby C normally and restart C. Restart is failing.

Note: Stop the node means doing a smart shutdown.

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.