Re: 64bits or 32 bits on ESX?

От Larry Rosenman
Тема Re: 64bits or 32 bits on ESX?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I have seen no difference in performance.  Now, if you want large memory for
a DB server, and you should, 64 is the way to go.

I'm currently running CentOS 5 64-Bit vm's for the SaaS app I support.

Works great on ESX 4U1.

Phone: +1 512-248-2683                E-Mail: ler@lerctr.org
US Mail: 430 Valona Loop, Round Rock, TX 78681-3893

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Bjørn T Johansen
Sent: Thursday, January 21, 2010 1:07 AM
To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: [GENERAL] 64bits or 32 bits on ESX?

We are going to be setting up a PostgreSQL server on a guest under VMWare
ESX 4... Is there any performance improvement by choosing 64bits Linux over
32bits Linux as the guest OS or is it almost the same?

Regards,

BTJ

Bjørn T Johansen

btj@havleik.no
Someone wrote:
"I understand that if you play a Windows CD backwards you hear strange
Satanic messages"
To which someone replied: