Disastrous : Server shuts down abnormally

От Kallol Nandi
Тема Disastrous : Server shuts down abnormally
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi,

I am using PostgreSql for Windows.It is running on Cygwin which creates a U=
nix environment.
I am facing this problem when I start the PostgreSql database server and qu=
ery any of the database.
The message (copied below) is flashed on the console.All the processes are =
terminated and the database server comes down.
What might the problem? Is there any configuration settings that I might ha=
ve missed out?

---------------------------------------

bwicdb=3D# select * from batch_instance;
FATAL 2:  open of /usr/share/postgresql/data/pg_clog/0C81 failed: No such f=
ile or directory=20
FATAL 2:  open of /usr/share/postgresql/data/pg_clog/0C81 failed: No such f=
ile or directory
server closed the connection unexpectedly=20
      This probably means the server terminated abnormally before or while =
processing the request.
The connection to the server was lost. Attempting reset: DEBUG:  server pro=
cess (pid 1328) exited with exit code 2
DEBUG:  terminating any other active server processes
NOTICE:  Message from PostgreSQL backend:
        The Postmaster has informed me that some other backend died abnorma=
lly and possibly corrupted shared memory.
        I have rolled back the current transaction and am going to terminat=
e your database system connection and exit.
        Please reconnect to the database system and repeat your query.
NOTICE:  Message from PostgreSQL backend:
        The Postmaster has informed me that some other backend died abnorma=
lly and possibly corrupted shared memory.
        I have rolled back the current transaction and am going to terminat=
e your database system connection and exit.
        Please reconnect to the database system and repeat your query.
Failed.
!# DEBUG:  all server processes terminated; reinitializing shared memory an=
d semaphores=20

IpcMemoryCreate: shmget(key=3D5432001, size=3D1441792, 03600) failed: Not e=
nough core=20
    This error usually means that PostgreSQL's request for a shared memory =
segment exceeded available memory or swap space.
To reduce the request size (currently 1441792 bytes), reduce PostgreSQL's s=
hared_buffers parameter (currently 64) and/or
its max_connections parameter (currently 32).
=20
The PostgreSQL Administrator's Guide contains more information about shared=
 memory configuration.
---------------------------------------

I have gone through the PostgreSQL Administrator's Guide and tried to chang=
es the parameters in the postgresql.conf file but the persists.

Eagerly awaiting a reply.

Thanks and Regards,

Kallol Nandi
Software Engineer
Automated Workflow Pvt. Ltd.

Transforming the Way People Work...

Phone: +91-80-547 4102 / 548 2271
Fax: +91-80-5467241
Email: kallol@aworkflow.com
Visit us @ http://www.aworkflow.com=20
"The information in this email is confidential, and intended solely for the=
 addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are=
 the addressee, the contents of this email are intended for your use only a=
nd it must not be forwarded to any third party, without first obtaining wri=
tten authorization from the originator, or AWPL and its subsidiaries. It ma=
y contain information, which is confidential and legally privileged, and th=
e same shall not be used, or dealt with, by any third party, in any manner =
whatsoever, without the specific consent of AWPL and its subsidiaries or it=
s Group Companies.

The opinions expressed are those of the sender, and do not necessarily refl=
ect those of the AWPL Group."