Re: Performance Improvement by reducing WAL for Update Operation

От Hari Babu
Тема Re: Performance Improvement by reducing WAL for Update Operation
Дата
Re: Performance Improvement by reducing WAL for Update Operation  (Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Friday, July 19, 2013 4:11 AM Greg Smith wrote:
>On 7/9/13 12:09 AM, Amit Kapila wrote:
>>    I think the first thing to verify is whether the results posted can be validated in some other environment setup
byanother person.
>>    The testcase used is posted at below link:
>>    http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/51366323.8070606@vmware.com

>That seems easy enough to do here, Heikki's test script is excellent.
>The latest patch Hari posted on July 2 has one hunk that doesn't apply
>anymore now.

The Head code change from Heikki is correct.
During the patch rebase to latest PG LZ optimization code, the above code change is missed.

Apart from the above changed some more changes are done in the patch, those are.

1. corrected some comments in the code
2. Added a validity check as source and history length combined cannot be more than or equal to 8192.

Thanks for the review, please find the latest patch attached in the mail.

Regards,
Hari babu.