Re: performance issues for processing more then 150000 records / day.

От Jakab Laszlo
Тема Re: performance issues for processing more then 150000 records / day.
Дата
Re: performance issues for processing more then 150000  (Justin Clift <justin@postgresql.org>)
Список pgsql-performance
Hello Chris,

I mean here 150000 inserts/day ( quickly grows constantly )...  - with transactions and on the same table ... maybe after one significant amount of time we can move the records of one year to one archive table ...
And some 2-3 millions of selects / day ...

I would like to know also some hardware related advice.

thanks,
Jaki
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, February 21, 2003 10:04 AM
Subject: Re: [PERFORM] performance issues for processing more then 150000 records / day.

Hi Jakab,

I don't see why postgresql wouldn't be able to handle that - it's a relatively small amount of data.

When you say 150000 records/day, do you mean:

1. 150000 inserts/day (ie. database grows constantly, quickly)
2. 150000 updates/deletes/day
3. 150000 transactions/select/day

If you give us a little more information, we'll be able to help you tune your postgres for your application.

Regards,

Chris