Re: Is it necessary to rewrite table while increasing the scale ofdatatype numeric???

От wangshuo@highgo.com.cn
Тема Re: Is it necessary to rewrite table while increasing the scale ofdatatype numeric???
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
于 2013-09-04 19:30, Noah Misch 回复:

Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com> wrote:
> n_header is part of the numeric field's data.  That's not just
> pedantry: the
> display scale stored in n_header affects how numeric_out() formats
> the value.

Thanks for your reply.

Just because of what you said, I think increasing scale only lead to
differently
diaplay. There's no difference between 5.25 and 5.2500 in use.
So thers's no need to rewrite the table.