Re: getting back autonumber just inserted

От jimmy.olsen
Тема Re: getting back autonumber just inserted
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
I don't know how to create a Global Variable in Postgres, but the idea is
very simple:
1. Encapsulate the NextVal function in MyNextVal
2. Set to Global variable with NextVal of the desired sequence
3. Inspect to value of the global variable (exactally as it's done in MsSQL)

When Creating a Table:
CREATE TABLE tabTest(
codTest Int Not Null PRIMARY KEY DEFAULT(NextVal("seq_test"),
... # Field List
)

Try this:
CREATE TABLE tabTest(
codTest Int Not Null PRIMARY KEY DEFAULT(MyNextVal("seq_test"),
... # Field List
)

this is not the correct sintax, just an algoritm
CREATE FUNCTION MyNextVal(varchar) RETURNS INT AS
$$ SELECT GlobalVar = NextVal($1)    RETURN GlobalVar
$$

Alessandro - Liga One Sistemas
alessandro@ligaone.com.br