Mention NLS option in INSTALL

От Serguei Mokhov
Тема Mention NLS option in INSTALL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

Recently I was crawling through the INSTALL
file and didn't find the --enable-nls option anywhere.
Shouldn't it be mentioned there? Somewhere like before
or after --enable-debug? Was it documented at all?
And, perhaps, this file might have some other options
missing - not a good thing!

May I propose smth like this for the forthcoming
beta if it is right place to put this in
(one might want to tweak the English, of course):

--------------------------8<-----------------------    --enable-nls                 Enables Native Language Support
(NLS)for error messages emitted         by the psql, libpq, pg_dump, and postgres components. Currently
supportedlanguages are Czech (some of psql), French (some of         psql), German (psql, pg_dump, libpq, some of
postgres),Russian         (psql, some of pg_dump, libpq, some of postgres), Simplified and         Traditional Chinese
(all?),and Swedish (some of psql). If you          don't see your language here or no translations available for
the desired component, and you're willing to contribute, see         http://webmail.postgresql.org/~petere/nls.php for
details.

--
Serguei A. Mokhov