Re: CStringGetTextDatum and other conversions in server-side code

От
Тема Re: CStringGetTextDatum and other conversions in server-side code
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> [dmb>] So how would I go about finding a set of useful conversion functions for basic types (real, decimal, time,
etc)?

the basic SQL to C mappings are defined by the H files listed here,
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/xfunc-c.html#XFUNC-C-TYPE-TABLE
[dmb>]
[dmb>] Yes, thanks, I found those. Most useful too. What I was looking for was the preferred set of functions that
couldbe used to convert between those types and native C types (that could be used externally with no Postgres
includes).

[dmb>] This is fairly easy for ints and reals, but is particularly a problem for all the variable length types (eg
text,time and decimal).

Regards
David M Bennett FACS

Andl - A New Database Language - andl.org