Can't link to libpq

От Jim Morcombe
Тема Can't link to libpq
Дата
Re: Can't link to libpq  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
I have posted this on the Novice Mailing list without getting a resolution.  Can anyone here help me?

I have started at the beginning of the PostSQL 7.2 Programmer's Guide and have typed in part of example 1.1 on page 23.

I have followed the instructions in section 1.12 for building the program.

The program compiles cleanly using the instructions in the manual :
    cc -I/usr/local/pgsql/include jim.c

I then compile it with the instruction
    cc -o jim jim.o -L/usr/local/pgsql/lib -lpq

However, I get the following errors:

Undefined symbol
PQfinish
PQsetdbLogin
pqstatus
fprint
PQerrorMessage

The manual says this occurs if I forgot the -lpq option, which I have not done.

I am using SCO Unix.

Can anyone help me?

Jim Morcoombe