Re: This script will crash the connection

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: This script will crash the connection
Дата
Список pgsql-general
----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Howe" <howe@carcass.dhs.org>

> Helo all,
>
>     Please try this script, it will crash the current connection.
>     I'm using the 01/18/2001 PostgreSQL v7.1 beta3 snapshot.
> UPDATE blah SET n1=2 WHERE var_field='aaa' AND n1=1 AND n2=2 AND arr_str
IS
> NULL AND m IS NULL; -- Will crash the connection

Confirmed - only when the update has a "where" clause - a rule on insert or
an update without where seems to work.

Doesn't seem to be the notify - backend crashes with

create rule blah_upd as on update to blah do insert into foo (dummy) values
('test');

version:
========
PostgreSQL 7.1beta3 on i586-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC egcs-2.91.66

- Richard Huxton