Re: Documentation fix regarding atan2

От Andrew Maclean
Тема Re: Documentation fix regarding atan2
Дата
Список pgsql-general

A Cartesian coordinate system is generally assumed i.e there exists an x-y coordinate system so there is an inherent ordering property here.

Regarding atan2, this makes interesting reading: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atan2

All I am asking is the documentation for atan2 conform with the correct definition. You are actually using atan2(y,x) in postgresql.

The inverse tangent is defined as arctan(y/x). Hence atan2 should be atan2(y,x) to be consistent with this definition. This conforms with C++, C usage.

Andrew