Re: JDBC Driver Munging My Text?

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: JDBC Driver Munging My Text?
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hunter,

There must be something else going on here. I would be very interested
if rebuilding the driver works. It shouldn't!

You may want to try putting some logging statements in there to see what
is going on. It is puzzling. The fact that you can only replicate it on
one machine is troublesome

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Hunter Hillegas [mailto:lists@lastonepicked.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2001 10:50 PM
To: Dave@micro-automation.net; Postgre JDBC
Subject: Re: [JDBC] JDBC Driver Munging My Text?

Sure!

This is what I am using:

//do the database action
PreparedStatement pst = con.prepareStatement("insert into news (rec_num,
title, body, lead_in, location, source, display_order, date_of_entry,
entered_by, active_status) values (nextval('news_seq'), ?, ?, ?, ?, ?,
?, ?, ?, ?)");

pst.clearParameters();
pst.setString(1, request.getParameter("title")); pst.setString(2,
request.getParameter("body")); pst.setString(3,
request.getParameter("lead_in")); pst.setString(4,
request.getParameter("location"));
pst.setString(5, request.getParameter("source")); pst.setString(6,
displayOrderID); pst.setString(7, "NOW()"); pst.setString(8,
theUserBean.getRecNum()); pst.setString(9,
request.getParameter("active_status"));
pst.executeUpdate();
pst = null;

That inserts into the table as defined below... I'm only able to
replicate the problem on one machine... I think I am going to try to
rebuild the driver on the machine itself, to see if that helps.

Hunter