Re: weird problem with pgadmin & postgres on debian

От Dave Page
Тема Re: weird problem with pgadmin & postgres on debian
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Are you sure you're starting the same installation/cluster? Manually/init shouldn't make any difference if so.

Regards, Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: "Alessandro @ GMail"<neurotrotter@gmail.com>
Sent: 18/03/06 13:12:01
To: "pgadmin-support@postgresql.org"<pgadmin-support@postgresql.org>
Subject: Re: [pgadmin-support] weird problem with pgadmin & postgres on debian

ok, i fixed it by removing the postmaster daemon from init.d and starting postgres manually every time i need it, don't
nowwhy but it works, maybe it's a problem of user rights, but i'm too noob to know :P

debianas well as pgadmin(everything updated to last version).Now, when i try to access my server on localhost with
pgadmin,i cannot enter because it asks me the password. But i have no password, as it's just a first-time
learning-purposeinstall! If i simply leave the password field empty, it rejects my login( "Error connecting to the
server:fe_sendauth: no password supplied"). But, if i try to access the server with 'psql testdatabase' from a
terminal,i am able to enter, and work normally.I've also installed postgresql & pgadmin on windows xp (database
differentfrom the linux one) and pgadmin acts normally, letting me login and managing databases without any
problem.What'swrong?thx

-----Unmodified Original Message-----
[...]

Сообщение: Re: weird problem with pgadmin & postgres on debian
Сообщение: Re: weird problem with pgadmin & postgres on debian