ODBC MSAccess

От Andrew Maclean
Тема ODBC MSAccess
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I am accessing PostgreSQL through MS Access.
Everything works Ok if I manually connect through Access using the ODBC
Dialog.
However I wrote a VB function that opens the database and connects to it.
This works provided there is no int8 column in the PostgresSQL table.

When I use the ODBC interface to link the tables, int8 columns on PostGreSQL
are mapped to Number in Access and everything works OK.
However when I use connection string as in VB the int8 columns are mapped to
Binary in Access.

Does anyone know what parameters I need to set in the ODBC string to fix
this? I can't find any documentation.
There is an Int8 section in the ODBC interface but I cant find any
corresponding parameter to set in a connection string.

By the way the options I am using in the VB connection string are:
"PORT=5432;SSLMODE=prefer;A6=;A7=100;A8=8192;B0=254;B1=8190;BI=8190;C2=dd_;C
X=1b503a9"

Thanks
   Andrew

Andrew J. P. Maclean