Re: Where are all the users?

От gnari
Тема Re: Where are all the users?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Kay-Uwe Genz" <kay-uwe.genz@web.de> :

> "gnari" <gnari@simnet.is> schrieb am 01.08.04 19:11:26:
>
> From: "Kay-Uwe.Genz" <kay-uwe.genz@web.de>
> >
> > Am 01.08.2004 um 10:44 schrieb Kay-Uwe Genz:
> >
> > > Hi @ all,
> > >
> > > I want to reference the User-ID PG use as an FOREIGN KEY in a tabel of
> > > my DB. But I saw that pg_user is a view. Where are the information I
> > > need?
>
> template1=# d pg_user
>
> gnari
>
> But pg_user is a view and cant referenced. So I try to use pg_shadow,
> but PG say that this is an System table and I cant use it.

so you real question is probably:
    how can i modify the structure of system tables ?

you do not say what your ultimate purpose is, so I cannot see if the
FOREIGN KEY reference is necessary, but if you really need it, it possibly
might be done by starting postgres in single-user mode, with correct
options.

my guess is that this should only be done by someone who knows what he is
doing.

gnari