Re: embedded/"serverless" (Re: serverless postgresql)

От Rick Gigger
Тема Re: embedded/"serverless" (Re: serverless postgresql)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> I'm not sure what OS you're using (I might have missed it in the thread)
but
> I've never even thought about an embedded database because PG runs very
nice on
> my laptop (P III - 850Mhz but I did NOT it new).  Now, I'm running Linux
so
> maybe that is the difference.  In fact, I'm found it to be invaluable to
take it
> to a client meeting and show not only the high level application gloss but
I can
> also show the guts of a application/web site.

If it were just my laptop that would be fine.  But I just can't really
install a full on database server (nor would I feel comfortable doing so) on
every machine that I would need it on.

> Now I do understand the sync'ning issue with the database and I haven't
had that
> issue yet but since you'd have two Pg server's, I would think this issue
could
> be handled one of the replication project that is available or by
something you
> custom build (like a perl script that connects to both systems and syncs
by
> checking for missing pkey's in both systems).

This is not an issue for postgres at this point.  I will most likely just
handle the syncing of specific parts of the database on my own.