FATAL: The database system is in recovery mode

От Kenéz Attila
Тема FATAL: The database system is in recovery mode
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I have got a problem with PostgreSQL 7.3.2 with cygwin under Windows 98. At
our clients sometimes during normal work the database goes into recovery
mode. I do not know what couses it, but it seems that this happens when one
of the client applications freeze (or the client application freeze when
this error occurs?). We got the same application and database under NT and
Windows2000 and those work without problem. As I know the database could go
into recovery mode only at startup time, am I right?

Does anybody know what can be the problem and how can I solve?

Thanks,
    Attila