Re: client encoding that psql command sets

От Tsubasa Sakamoto
Тема Re: client encoding that psql command sets
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Not sure that it makes a difference but the docs say psql looks at
> LC_CTYPE not LANG for Unix systems. You did not say what OS you are
> working on though from the examples I am guessing some form of Unix.

Thank you for the response.
Sorry, I had not indicated OS information.
OS information is the following:
 Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.2  Kernel 2.6.32-220.el6.x86_64 on an x86_64

The reason which was being verified using the LANG environment variable, I thought that the value of a LANG environment
variablewas set as LC_CTYPE when the LC_CTYPE environment variable and the LC_ALL environment variable are not set up.

The LC_CTYPE environment variable was set up and re-verified.
The result of psql command is following.

[Result]
% setenv LC_CTYPE ja_JP.eucJP

% psql postgres -f test.txt -o result.txt EUC_JP

% psql postgres -f test.txt > result.txt
UTF8

% psql postgres -o result.txt < test.txt
UTF8

% psql postgres < test.txt > result.txt
UTF8

Even when a LC_CTYPE environment variable was set up, the result did not change.
What do you think?

Сообщение: Re: password-less access, without using pg_hba
Сообщение: Re: password-less access, without using pg_hba