find the number of row for each tables

От Patrick Coulombe
Тема find the number of row for each tables
Дата
Re: find the number of row for each tables
Список pgsql-novice
hi,
here's the question : if I do this query on my database :

SELECT * from friends, strangers WHERE friends.f_id = strangers.s_id AND
friends.categorie = 1
----------
88 rows

and I need to do this query to know how many rows just for my table friends
(not both table) :

SELECT * from friends WHERE friends.f_id = strangers.s_id AND
friends.categorie = 1
80 rows

Can I just do 1 query and be able to find the number of row for each tables?
Hope to be understand...

Patrick

Сообщение: Re: SHOW , DESCRIBE, oh what's it called...
Сообщение: Re: SHOW , DESCRIBE, oh what's it called...