Re: Connection Problem with JDBC

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: Connection Problem with JDBC
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Steven,

Well, you've got me beat. I just tried your code and it works as
advertised in Jbuilder, but from the command line it doesn't load the
driver?

If I were you, I would just load the driver in your main.

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-jdbc-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-jdbc-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Steven Murphy
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2002 10:09 AM
To: pgsql-jdbc@postgresql.org
Subject: [JDBC] Connection Problem with JDBC

Hi,

I'm trying to connect to a PostgreSQL database using JDBC but when I run
the
program I get an error message saying "No suitable driver".

I'm using PostgreSQL 7.1.3 and java 1.3.1_01.

I have added the jdbc7.1-1.2.jar file to the CLASSPATH.

The command I am using to run the program is
java -Djdbc.drivers=org.postgresql.Driver ConnectDemo
jdbc:postgresql:javatest postgres ' '

The program I'm trying to use is :-

import java.sql.*;

public class ConnectDemo {

  public static void main(String[] argv) {
      // No need to register the driver, since the user
      // used -Djdbc.drivers to set it.

      // Check the arguments.
      //
      if (argv.length < 3) {
          usage();
      }
      String url  = argv[0];
      String user = argv[1];
      String pass = argv[2];

      // Invoke getConnection() to create the
      // connection object.
      //
      Connection conn;
      try {
          conn = DriverManager.getConnection(url, user, pass);
          System.out.println("Connection successful.");
          System.out.println("Connection as String: " + conn);
      } catch (SQLException e) {
          System.err.println( e.getMessage() );
          System.exit(-1);
      }
  }

  static void usage() {
      System.err.println("Usage:");
      System.err.print("java -Djdbc.drivers=DRIVERCLASS PROGRAM ");
      System.err.println("URL USER PASS");
      System.exit(-1);

  }
}

I would be greatful for any help as I trying to do this for my final
year
project at University and the deadline is fast approaching.

Cheers
Steven Murphy.