Re: CREATE DATABASE WITH LOCATION

От Glen Parker
Тема Re: CREATE DATABASE WITH LOCATION
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> > service postgresql restart
>
> And what does that do?  My bet is that when you dig into it, you'll
> find it's not supplying the environment you expect to the postmaster.

ok, problem solved.
the postgres init script does:

su -l -s /bin/sh postgres blah blah

executing bash as sh causes it to not read .bash_profile.  it reads .profile
instead, which after a stock postgres install doesnt exist, and so the
environment never gets setup.

i did this:

ln -s .bash_profile .profile

and it did the trick.  maybe in future installs that should be done
automatically, or the init script modified to not specify a shell?

glen