Re: connection fails

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: connection fails
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> I'm not a PHP-er, but I notice that a difference between the script that
> works & the one that doesn't is the "host=... portion. Could it be that
> phpPgAdmin & the script that works do *not* use tcpip to connect & while
the
> failing script does?
>
> If so, the message you got also contains the answer- you need to turn the
> tcpip_socket on in the .conf file, or change the first script to not
specify
> a host.

You may also have to modify pg_hba.conf (in addition to postgresql.conf).
See the comments in the file for details, but you need a line something
like:

host       all         172.16.0.0    255.255.0.0        password

where 172.16.0.0 is replaced by the appropriate network and 255.255.0.0 by
the appropriate netmask.

Hope this helps,

Joe